Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Flu Behind Cold Days Ahead

This year, like last year (as I was reminded by Kurt) we started it off with the flu.

Only difference is we are still working to get Nathan's and Nina's new home completed so they can move in and welcome our very first grandbaby in March.

While I lay in bed, head covered up so I would stay in my hot/cold state, Nina would pop in from time to time to visit the bath and head back to her house. When she passed my room it was quickly and a get well Mom could be heard, I knew better to come out of my room and get her sick. That wouldnt be very considerate so I just waited until she passed and smiled at her from a distance.

Once I asked her to show me the baby and she flashed her coat, very quickly so I could see her little belly and that one act of kindness made me smile all weekend. It was such a cute gesture that it makes me laugh everytime I think of it.

While laying around, I decided that this year I am going to get organized so that I can go into my sewing room whenever I want and make messes and have fun and when its time, close the door to come back later.

I joined a tea towel swap, even got my towels yesterday and organized all of my favorites on Ravelry. Melanie and me are going to make the new baby a cute little bedding set. Still working on two baby blankets, crocheted, for two friends of mine.

Nina showed me how she organized her favorites on Ravelry last week and since I wasnt interested in watching tv, when I wasnt sleeping I was tagging all of my "to do projects" Now I can just search within my favorites and pick out a project. I had many repeats of the same project or variables of the same project by others so many of those were cut down. Will make it easier to find and do in the future!!

Didnt watch the little one yesterday, but he's here today watching Noggin and eating cookies and cran-grape juice. We are going to have a little visitor next month sometime, when Summer goes back to work and little Trey comes to stay. So Campbell and I are going to take a vitamen C every day and stay nice and healthy as much as humanly possible.

Today little man and me are going to plant some paperwhites and some amaryliss bulbs and watch them grow. Right now it is 26 degrees outside and hopefully it will warm up some so we can go outside for a little bit.

Bundled up of course!!

I am going to really try and post something at least twice a week, a recipe, a project, or just a thought or two about whats going on.

Bonnie and Connor are officially not a duo anymore, sad but they are thinking long run not in the right now time frame. Better to see a problem and face it before it becomes a problem that cant be endured.  My love to all involved, and a hug to help heal the wounds of the heart. They run deep and are hard to get over.

We got to see the new baby last week and she is already a cutie!! Hiding against her Mommies belly and covering her face with her fingers she is already having fun being the center of attention. We would say Bonnie's name and she would grin and wiggle around. In fact Bonnie spent the night at Ninas house and she had fun playing touch tag with the new baby girl. Bonnie would poke and the baby would poke back. Bonnie's face was all aglow with excitement as she told me all about her little game.

Todays recipe is  Brocolli Chicken Casserole

Very easy to make and yummy to boot!

Ingredients:

Chicken, 6 breasts
Rice, 1 cup
Campbells Cream of Brocolli soup, 2 cans
Frozen Brocolli, 1 bag small
water 2 cups 
salt, pepper
cheddar cheese, shredded 2 cups

Heat oven to 300 degrees.

Put the rice on the bottom of a glass baking dish. I use a 9x13 size with 6 breasts. Place thawed chicken in a layer on the top of the rice. Add frozen brocolli, all around the breasts.

Mix the cream of brocolli soup with water and pour over the chicken, rice and brocolli mixture. Make sure all of the rice is covered with liquid, add more if necessary. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of it all to season, to your taste.



Bake in the oven for 1.5 hours covered up. Then take out, make sure that the chicken is fully cooked (I poke mine and see if the juices are running clear), cover it all with the shredded cheese and place back into the oven until the cheese melts.

Serve with bread sticks, a salad and a hungry family and enjoy.

Clean up is easy, just one pan and serving dishes and measuring cup.

Enjoy!!

Well off for now, catch you later with pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment