Friday, August 14, 2009




This is the cutest thing, well at least I think so, LOL. Dora and her friends are playing Super Spy and Tico drives up in his boat car and takes them for a ride. Its just a clip of Tico but its too cute!



Why am I watching Dora? Well when you watch three little ones between the ages of 18 months and 3 ½ years, and you want to stitch, then you have to give a little. I give them Nick and Noggin. And sometimes you find a gem worth writing about. :-)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Here is the doll I sent Anna on our Dolly Swap on Ravelry. Click here to go to the Ravelry page!



I crocheted the body and head as one piece using a single crochet and size 7 hook. Chained 4 then joined, worked 12 singles in the loop and then increased by 3 every row until I reached 36 single crochets, in the round. Then worked that count until i reached my desired head size then decreased by 3 until I reached 12 stitches and worked that until i liked the neck size and then increased for the shoulders. When the stitch count got up to about 48 did two rows and then divided by half to give me front and back measuring 24 stitches each half and then counted 8 in and skipped 8 and then joined to the remaining 8 on each side to make arm holes. Continue in singles to get the desired body size and then I decreased, BUT I would recommend not decreasing more than 12 stitches because she has a wee-little hiney with her legs. LOL



Cut out of fabric legs and arms and stuff and then attach to the arm holes and leg holes. I pinched and stitched the nose and cheeks and them embroidered her faces but you can do as you please.



The hair is a soft yarn I got at Joanne's that felt like hair and had different textures to the yarn. Crocheted, with an H hook, chain 4 then join, 8 singles in loop and then continue to crochet in the round with half doubles, increasing to avoid pulling, until you reach the desired amount of hair and then do triples (back of hair) doubles, half doubles, singles (bangs) as last row and tie off. Sew to head in desired fashion and then comb is you like to give brushed smooth look.



That is how I made my Dollie.





Here she is with her box of goodies. I made a small mile a minute blanket and bag for her to carry it in. As well as a bag for the pin cushion and lotion and blanket and bag to be stored in.







Here she is undressed, I know, not very proper, but she does have undergarments on! Her top is square necked single crochets with jewelry fasteners for the closures. She has a lace skirt with a ribbed underskirt and shoes to match.







Here is a close-up of her face. I think she looks a little like a cross between Julia Child's and Miss Marple, from the older movies. Kurt says she definitely looks like a British actress. ;-)








Here is Kurt and Caleb. Caleb is holding the 1st attempt at making a doll. He fell in love with her ... after her face was embroidered. Funny how he didn't want anything to do with her faceless. hahhaha




Here are the pictures of the doll I received from Anna in our Dolly Swap on Ravelry. I named her Sally and she made herself right at home!





Here she is with the Ratties, visiting. Sally loves Daisy as much as I do! ;-)



Here she is with my Mom's Mammy Doll, they talk sewing and embroidery. Sally is sitting on my embroidery machine, while mammy is sitting on the laptop used with the embroidery machine.



Here Sally is discussing rope tricks with Cowboy Fred. They became fast friends and she enjoyed her time with him.



Here she is chatting it up with the Barbies. They have a room setting on my dresser and like to try on my new Barbie Creations. They are probably discussing fashion and enjoying stories of her trip over to our home.
Well I have a sick little one, he's sleeping right now, but I still need to be available in case he wakes up. His Grammy is coming to get him. Poor thing.

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment