Monday, November 3, 2008

Wow its been awhile!

I have been so very busy, with studying, taking care of family and the little ones I care for, and of course crocheting. But this month I have added sewing to the mix.


I joined a group called Project Dollway @ Home and entered the home version. Completed my 1st outfit last night and turned it in. Will post pictures after the judging takes place. Not expecting to win, just have fun and get my sewing juices flowing. Each outfit I design for Barbie will be made for me so its a challenge to pick the design options based upon the word (the challenges are based upon one word every two weeks) and make the outfit using my color pallete and the era I chose to update.


My era is the time period between mid 1950's to early 1960's. The first challenge revolved around the word vintage, which set the mood for our collections. This challenge period is two weeks. The second challenge (starting last night) was pleats and will end on November 9th. Have my design idea printed, my slopers ready to modify and my fabrics picked out. Now to decide ont he accessories and get started on them tomorrow, since my shoes flopped because of waiting to the last minute to do them. Another thing I need to work on.... time managment. If I plan out my days, revolving my hobbies around my studying for the meetings, housework, child care and most importantly my family, then I know I can actively do my hobby interests without worry or crunch.


Well enough of that for now.


Another project I am wrapping up is the Fall 101 swap. 52 squares. two sets of 27 in a pattern for each set. Will be mailing off tomorrow and at the end of the month will be gettingmy box back but with all 27 participants squares. Then I will be sewing them all together. Have to decide what color to use as my border... brown maybe since it is fall related.


Here is a pic of the 1st square:


Well thats about it. My tunic was put on hold because I frogged the front bodice 4 times and thought it best to set aside. But Dallas time is about on me so i need to get it finished so i can wear it then.
Catch you all later. Its back to Dora and crocheting for me!

1 Comment:

  1. Nina said...
    I can't wait to see all the different squares you get!!!

Post a Comment