Entry #23 - Dee Dee
DeeDee's collection:
My inspiration is the period of time between the mid 1950-to the early 1960s. The WiggleDress was the essence of femininity at a time period when men were men and womenwere allowed to be women. There was no shame in being a housewife, person who adoredher family, loved her home and enjoyed working with her hands and doing things withfriends.
I have included a picture of the inspiration. the overskirt was turned into the scarf.
the photo is courtesy of SoVintagePatterns.com.
My fabric is crepe back satin in aqua and the scarf is a chiffon print. I have turned the wiggle dress into a modern two piece outfit, that can be worn day or night.
Hair by DeeDee Studios
Shoes by DeeDee Couture Shoes were a flop, so Isabella had to take them off at the photo shoot. Please take points from me not her. :-)
Judge 1 1 1 1 Total 3 The color is vivid, but the construction needs work.
Judge 2 2 2 2 Total 6 the inspriration picture was cool. However I don't see much of the inspriation in your creation. The concept was unique. This satin fabric is difficult to sew with and the chiffon can even be trickier. I can't tell wether you pressed this or not and both fabrics may not have taken to the iron very well anyway. I think we need to have some pointers on marking fabric so there is no residue or marks left behind. The ruffles on the hemmline ruffle could be a little more even and the hems in the scarf could be better. I do like the bead treatment you attached the scarf to the blouse though.
Judge 3 2 2 1 Total 5 The colors coordinate very well, and I like scarf crossing the front and draping down the back. Improvement is needed in the fit of the bodice and at the waist/hips of the skirt. A longer bodice to meet or overlap the skirt would look nicer.
Total points: 14