Wow its been over a year since my last post. And that was to welcome my last grandbaby, Max. So what have I been up too? Organize, organize organize......
Trying to get organized, takes a lot of skill, time and organization. Who knew? LOL
Meanwhile handiwork has taking a back seat to the grandbabies or as I like to call them... The Grands.
Aubri is three, Ava is two and Max is now a year old. What happened to the past year? Busy busy with the Grands, a little bit of health issues and getting used to the idea of my baby leaving the nest.
Yes were empty nesters now. And though I miss having my girls with me all the time its nice to have visits from them all and I still watch the Grands.
Kurt and I have settled into a routine which keeps us pretty busy ourselves and with the addition of several dozen chickens, a new pup, and getting caught up on honey-do's, its seems empty nesting isn't so empty after all.
Plus we always get to see all of our beautiful family.
Baking all bread goods, cooking more and eating out less, making more time for volunteer work is just a few of the changes we've made.
But now I am itching to be stitching!!
Aubri had a her very first dance camp and so she just had to have a cover-up. :) Made one for each of the girls.
Crocheted my first paid item. Modeled by Ava
Plus our assembly is coming up and I fell in love with this vintage pattern. After taking my measurements found I needed to consult a vintage book on how to resize for 2013 body shapes.
A muslin trial later, my first, I wasn`t too far off. So off to try with a closer fabric to my goal fabric. White with black polka dots and a black band and bow at the bottom.
Here are a few more pictures until next time, I bid you farewell.