September is now here and Autumn days are coming, I know it just feels like it.
In honour of the new month I made up an eye mask, using a sleep mask on ravelry as an inspiration I crocheted it up and made closed eyelashes on it.
Here is Kurt modeling it for me:
Here is the pattern:Ch 38 using a g hookCrochet singles across until the piece measures 3 inches, (though you could actually make it two inches so that it fits better, I just like mine to really cover my eyes so that no light gets in.)Fold piece in half and crochet a row of singles around the entire piece twice. Then on each short end crochet 3 rows of singles with slip stitches on the long ends.(Make 2) Chain 30 (or a length you like for tying) and slip stitch on the next row. Tie off leaving a tail and then tie each tail to a top and a bottom corner on each end of the mask.Embroider black eyelashes (or any other design of your liking) with a small amount of yarn or embroidery floss.Walaa an easy sleep mask!Here is the completed baby onesie ( the snaps will be added soon). Now I need to decide how to embellish it a little. Looks a little plain to me, but then it might not to a new Mommy though.FrontBack
Today Bonnie and I took Cambell to the park by Nina and Nathan's new house. We had so much fun playing and it wasnt long before the cool fan and snuggly covers made us comfy and fast asleep!
Tomorrow is another day of crocheting, hopefully finishing up the squares and making a cute owl mask for Bonnie.
Nina and I are going to go pattern shopping at JoAnn's this weekend. If you love sewing or even if you love collecting patterns (both of which I am guilty) Vogue, McCalls and Simplicity patterns are all on sale!
Well thats it for the 1st day of September! September 2nd I worked onthe Summer Blues Squares Swap, packaged up almost half and just need to finish the other half of the squares and mail off. I have received many lovely squares and plan on making some cute lap-afghans out of them!